The Junior Section has been part of the Club’s history, with many previous members going on to become successful professionals both as teachers and on the European Tour. Junior members have always been an integral part of our senior club teams over many years. Several players are involved in county teams and the developmental coaching programme.
At Wanstead we believe that all young people should have the opportunity to enjoy and progress their skills in a safe, welcoming and pleasant environment. We encourage, support and monitor all our juniors and are committed to promoting junior golf for all.
- A safe Club Environment
- Child Protection & Duty of Care awareness
- Structured programmes of activities including coaching sessions and competitions to suit all abilities.
- Competitions at home and against other clubs
Our Aims in the Junior Section are:
- to promote the game of golf at Wanstead Golf Club in accordance with the rules and regulations of the R&A.
- to encourage our Junior Members to learn to play golf and achieve their full potential in the sport whilst also developing their self esteem
- to develop and encourage Juniors to play Inter Club and County Events
- to promote the understanding of golfing etiquette and fair play
We have three categories of Junior Membership
- Beginners – are taught the basics of the game of golf together with golfing etiquette and rules by our dedicated Professional and his assistant.
- Intermediate – where Juniors then progress to accessing the golf course under the supervision of adults.
- Full Junior status – allows Juniors full access to the golf course. Those gaining a handicap of 18 or below (20 and below for girls) may also play in some of the adult competitions and a single figure handicap gives access to all adult competitions.
Contact the Club Office or down load our application and parental consent forms.